Magswitch Magnetic Ground Clamp - 300 amp 8100746
Magswitch® Magnetic Ground Clamp - 300 amp 8100746
The Magswitch® 300 Amp Switchable Magnetic Welding Clamp lets welders quickly set up, weld and move on to the next job, thanks to this new magnetic technology. Simply place it on a clean work surface, turn it on and start welding. It makes welding quicker and easier than ever. It's that easy.
- JHJason H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoGreat product!
There are a few rules when using it. You can't work close to it and overheat it (something like 172 degrees F max), or it will kill the magnet. You need to carry a cordless grinder to make sure you have bare metal all the time, and it can't be used over 50 percent duty cycle.
I had a job that I couldn't use a standard clamp all the time on large square tubing and this thing was the ticket to success. Just had to grind off the paint and then had nice solid grounds all the time and my welds improved because of it. It sort of forces you to have a good ground instead of just trying to scratch through the paint with your clamp and roll. Metal debris just falls right off when you turn the knob and release the magnet. I would still carry your regular clamp to the job in case you need to weld right next to it.
- JHJorge H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 years agoGreat price Great product
Worked as advertised, delivered promptly
Nice change over the clamp
- PPerryVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 years agoSo far, so good
I really like mine, Its easy to use, no issues.
There are times when a clamp works better, so I have both. This is my go-to though.
- CChuckVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoGood product
On off capability keeps the magnet clean of metal dust
- JJohnVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 years agoMagnetic ground clamp 300 amp
The clamp arrived quickly was package very well. Overall construction is very nice and has very good clamping force on my Welding Table I have not had a chance to use it yet but I know it will make my welding projects easier.